Friday, July 29, 2011

Weaning off thyroid supplement, beginning month-long fast soon

**EDIT: Change of plans, see next blog post**

For no reason other than the fact that I ran out of my medication and have no refills, I'm going to discontinue taking Levothyroxin for a while to see how my thyroid levels are with just the worms. I understand that this may be a stupid idea (in fact, I know it is), but I think I can handle a slow thyroid for now while my body adjusts to the helminths. I typically start seeing the effects of my hypothyroid 2-3 weeks after discontinuing the medication, so I have some time before things start feeling extra lazy.

And finally, Ramadan begins on August 1st, so I will be fasting from sunrise to sunset, most likely producing even more fatigue. I should have a good idea of what my energy levels are like typically before I get the helminths, and  then should be able to use it as a comparison.

Lately I've been feeling ok; not bouncing with energy, but not falling asleep everywhere either. I have been averaging 9 hours of sleep and eating several meals a day though, so I suppose I shouldn't expect any less.

Oh and my allergies have been flaring up for no reason lately. Watery eyes, sneezing, increased sensitivity to certain fruits.

Only a few more days now!

2 comments:

  1. desiccated porcine thyroid capsules are heavily needed to cure and eliminate the symptoms of thyroid diseases and hence bovine thyroid capsules can cure it for all age groups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately the raw thyroid supplements that I was taking made me feel terribly sick so I could not continue on them. When I see an endocrinologist I will determine whether my thyroid is caused by Hashimoto's and see if an ingredient was causing this.

    ReplyDelete