Sunday, July 31, 2011

Scratch that last post! Continuing medication

In light of recent recommendations from various people in the HT community and after some thought, I realized that weaning off of Levothyroxin 50mcg thyroid supplement is going to complicate the experience in various ways, and is not a very smart thing to do at this stage.

This makes sense for several reasons:

  • If I don't feel better after inoculation it will be hard to know whether it's from a decreased thyroid function or because the helminths didn't work
  • Shocking my immune system multiple times in the course of a few weeks will probably not produce the results I expect, and will complicate observation and make it harder for others to learn from my experience
  • Helminthic therapy most likely won't cure my hypothyroidism anyway according to Dr. Marc, so I'm just setting myself up for failure
So although 50mcg isn't much, I think it makes sense to stay on it for a few months after I feel better and at least perform some blood tests before making any significant changes. I certainly don't want to introduce variables that could convolute the results of this therapy. Doing so wouldn't get me or the community anywhere with any degree of certainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment